Friday, June 4, 2010

Antique Mall

Yesterday we took Mom to the antique mall on the edge of town.  Mom LOVES antiques.  It's a cute mall because they have all different stalls set up and decorated with the stuff that is for sale.  We walked around for a few hours until I got tired and then Mom took us to lunch at KFC/Long John Silver's.  Afterwards we went to Walmart to try to get Mom's bangs trimmed.  There was a long wait there so we went to another place. Same problem.  The third place we went to had an opening.  Unfortunately instead of trimming her bangs they gave her a whole haircut!  She's a good sport though.

After we got home Mom sent me to take a nap and she swept, vacuumed, mopped, and waxed the floor.  Wow.  I LOVE a newly waxed and shiny floor.  Makes my heart go pitter patter pumpernickel.  And I really appreciate her cleaning my  floors. Thanks Mumsy!!

That evening I made sure we had everything we needed for the hospital and made brownies for the nurses. It's not a bribe. It's...um...niceness.

We had to leave the house at 6:30 this morning and they started hooking me up to everything around eight.  I have two nurses and they are very nice. I have an IV in my right hand which is, yes, a little uncomfortable.  The needle was huge and I guess Nathan saw it and poor guy, he is so squeamish, he had to go to the other side of the room.  They hooked me up also to a blood pressure cuff and a heart rate monitor for the baby and a contraction monitor.  One of the nurses said that I am actually having contractions now and then which were what I was calling Braxton Hicks, so I guess that's what got me to 3 cm.  So now I am on Pitocin and just waiting.  Nathan's got my exercise ball all blown up and Mom went to find some magazines and we're channel surfing.

No comments: