Yesterday we took Mom to the antique mall on the edge of town. Mom LOVES antiques. It's a cute mall because they have all different stalls set up and decorated with the stuff that is for sale. We walked around for a few hours until I got tired and then Mom took us to lunch at KFC/Long John Silver's. Afterwards we went to Walmart to try to get Mom's bangs trimmed. There was a long wait there so we went to another place. Same problem. The third place we went to had an opening. Unfortunately instead of trimming her bangs they gave her a whole haircut! She's a good sport though.
After we got home Mom sent me to take a nap and she swept, vacuumed, mopped, and waxed the floor. Wow. I LOVE a newly waxed and shiny floor. Makes my heart go pitter patter pumpernickel. And I really appreciate her cleaning my floors. Thanks Mumsy!!
That evening I made sure we had everything we needed for the hospital and made brownies for the nurses. It's not a bribe. It's...um...niceness.
We had to leave the house at 6:30 this morning and they started hooking me up to everything around eight. I have two nurses and they are very nice. I have an IV in my right hand which is, yes, a little uncomfortable. The needle was huge and I guess Nathan saw it and poor guy, he is so squeamish, he had to go to the other side of the room. They hooked me up also to a blood pressure cuff and a heart rate monitor for the baby and a contraction monitor. One of the nurses said that I am actually having contractions now and then which were what I was calling Braxton Hicks, so I guess that's what got me to 3 cm. So now I am on Pitocin and just waiting. Nathan's got my exercise ball all blown up and Mom went to find some magazines and we're channel surfing.
July 2026 Recap
12 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment