Thursday, January 12, 2012

Homemade Christmas Ornaments

We made homemade ornaments for our tree this year. This was actually by Nathan's request, but I'd seen something on a blog I follow that I wanted to try with Shane so we went for it! We made homemade puffy paint ornaments.

As you can see, I had glitter and construction paper as well but I decided to leave those for another, older year! The puffy paint is flour, salt, water, and food coloring. After it's painted on you microwave it for 30 seconds or so.




Shane really enjoyed his art project! I can't wait to do some more fun ones with him. After I let the papers dry overnight (or for a few days, ahem, slacker!) I cut them into circles and hot glued green ribbon onto them. Shane wasn't allowed to help with this step. 

Then is was up to Shane and Daddy to decorate the tree!



They did a great job. We gave each of his grandparents an ornament from him and kept one as well. If you make homemade ornaments with your kids, be sure to write their age and the year on them!

1 comment:

Dusty Penguin said...

They were very cute. Yes, I sometimes forgot to put the name and year. You think you'll never forget, but time isn't kind to the memory!