Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter

Our Easter was very laid back. I sometimes feel that Easter is too much of a second Christmas, but my goal is for the kids to know more of the real reason behind the day. That being said, it was a busy week and I was too tired to take them to any big egg hunts or celebrations anyway! 

I decided that morning to make cinnamon rolls, and I let the kids help me measure everything into the Kitchenaid. Unfortunately this is an oil free vegan recipe, not a kitchenaid recipe, and the mixer just ruined my dough. Not only that, but while I turned around for two seconds to put something in the sink Azaria tossed a metal measuring cup into the bowl and the mixer got stuck, so now it's messed up and making a funny grinding noise. Sigh. I had to toss it and I was frustrated enough that I told the kids we were just having cereal! But, they were disappointed and I had promised so I whipped up a batch by hand, got it in the oven, and we finally ate breakfast at lunch time! At least they were delicious!


Mmm, cinnamon rolls, applesauce, and almond milk. Littles approved!


After breakfast we had a nice warm bath, and then I pulled out some spring stickers. I had to peel them for Azaria, but Shane can do it himself.



Azaria thought she needed to smash the stickers on.



We went to church that evening, I wish I'd remembered to take a picture because we happened to all wear purple just like last Easter! After church Nathan took us out to a pizza joint he'd been wanting to try. It was better than cooking an Easter dinner! (Plus we'd had Easter dinner on Friday night with our bible study group.) Happy Easter! Christ is Risen!


No comments: