Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Such a Chore!

Chores are becoming, well, a chore!  I typically do chores once a week, and here's what I mean by chores: Pick up the house, do paperwork/bills, laundry (usually two loads) wash, fold, put up; dust, vaccuum carpet and inside couches, sweep, mop, change sheets, clean bathroom (tub and surround, toilet, sink, mirror, floors), dishes and good cleaning of anything that needs it in the kitchen (microwave, fridge, stove, toaster oven).  This is not a lot of work, just basic housekeeping chores.  Our house is not huge. Before I got pregnant this took just a couple of hours unless I was doing some really deep cleaning.

Usually I wait to do chores until Monday or Tuesday, when N is out of town.  This is just because when he is home we are usually busy doing other stuff, and I want to spend time with him rather than on housework.  But at this point chores are becoming more of an all-day job.  It looks something like this:

Gather laundry and put it in the washer.  Collect trash and put it all out by the road.  Get dirty dishes together and clean out sink. Oops, need to draw blood. Sit down, put feet up, rest back and do blood test.

Tackle stack of paperwork and mail that I haven't feel like looking at in two weeks.  File neatly and discard trash. Do dishes.  Man my back hurts! Sit down, put feet up, rest back, eat snack, watch figure skating on TV.

Move laundry to dryer and start a new load.  Dust. Clean bathroom. Man my back hurts! Sit down, put feet up, rest back, play on Facebook.

Vacuum, sweep. Mopping is too much effort today. Maybe next week. Swiffer spots instead. (Coincidentally, this is what I said last week too.) Man my back hurts! Sit down, put feet up, rest back, eat lunch. Consider a nap.

And so on and so forth. You get the point. Just repeat until all of the chores are done.  Just picture me with a big old belly, sweating, swollen, grunting, panting, and you get the picture! Haha! And I'm supposed to go for a walk later?!? We'll see about that one.  I think I've gotten at least 30 minutes of excercise today.  But the end result, a clean, neat house? It's a good thing. A good thing, people.

4 comments:

Amber said...

I so feel you thats why my hubby seems to be tackling on the cleaning now, so much easier for him to do it than me

Hannatu said...

You just sit down and put your feet up all you want. When Piglet makes his appearance, there won't be much sitting with your feet up. Except when you're nursing. I think that's one reason nursing is so important (aside from health and well-being issues)....it is a valid excuse to sit down and put your feet up and believe me, you'll need the excuse!

Dusty Penguin said...

I really think it's time for Nathan to start scrubbing the tub!! Maybe you should try spreading the chores out over a few more days! Yes, Aunt Nancy is right. Get all the rest you can when you can.

Jerrie-mia said...

i totally know what you mean about chores... geez its been three weeks and I still haven't gotten my room clean