Thursday, January 28, 2010

Happy Birthday honey!

Yesterday was Nathan’s 24th birthday. Happy birthday honey! Now we’re the same age again. I made him a spice cake at his request and his mom brought over some B.lue B.ell, which is his favorite kind of ice cream. Melissa and Thomas and Mom and Dad Vines came over to have cake with us. Piglet was doing a happy birthday dance for his Daddy, but his Daddy was busy and didn’t get to feel. I think those were some of the strongest kicks I have felt yet--guess Piglet likes B.lue B.ell ice cream too! Nathan even got all of his candles out on the first blow! Good thing, too—with a pregnant wife I don’t think he could afford extra girlfriends.

A fellow blogger was talking about Braxton Hicks and it made me realize I never posted about having them. I got my first one right around 17 weeks after we got back from Ohio, when we were at S.onic. Since then they’ve gotten more frequent as I’ve gotten further along, but most of the time I don’t even notice them anymore. I forgot to tell Dr. H about them at my last visit so I will have to try to remember this next time. I never can remember anything I want to tell/ask him. He really liked my Christmas cookies though! I told him I’d bring the nurses brownies when I went into labor. Butter them up so they’ll be extra nice to me. He laughed and said that he was sure the nurses would appreciate it.

And speaking of labor, I got a lot of laughs out of this lady’s blog. I wish she would keep posting but I haven’t seen anything in a while. It’s at itsababynotbrainsurgery.blogspot.com/

Not sure how I got from Nathan’s birthday to labor and delivery, but between the missionary and the pregnant brain I’m about to be certified in rabbit trails…

Thanks to all of you for your comment on my last post. I really appreciate the encouragement.

2 comments:

Melissa Larabee said...

Good morning!!!!!!!!

Nice rabbit trails there. ;) I'm sure we'll see many more. There always so much to talk about yet what order to say it in and when if you forget and, and, and...

Had a super great time last night visiting with everyone. (other than not being able to breathe)

Hopefully the boys are being productive today. (fingers crossed)

See you later alligator!

Dusty Penguin said...

Happy birthday to Nathan (again). I'm not sure you'll be thinking about making brownies when you go into labor:)