Saturday, May 29, 2010

40 weeks

Today I am due. I'm tired of people asking me every five minutes when I am going to have the baby and I am tired of walking and having sex and doing nipple stimulation to try to induce labor.  I didn't want to do those things especially, but I felt on a deadline. I don't really care if he wants to stay a while longer, although I am really excited to meet him. My mom took a lot of my stress off me by deciding to go back home to wait for me to call and my only other stressor left is that neither I nor anyone else wants him to be born on the 31st since that is our niece's birthday.  Well, oh well. People will have to get over it.  Including me, but I'm not going to stress over it anymore. I'm off work, my chores are done, I had a lovely massage last night, and I'm going to sit around and read and bounce on my ball and take as many naps as I want and just relax.

Here's a funny story.  Do you know the difference between these two things?




Some of Nathan's female relatives were telling me a while back about how they used Castor Oil to induce their labor.  Since then it's been mentioned a few times here or there. Nathan has been around for all of the conversations. Well, a few nights ago Nathan and I somehow got to talking about it and I jokingly told him to go get me some. With a puzzled expression he asked why I didn't just use what was IN THE GARAGE!!!!!!!! Bahaaahaaahaaahaaa!!! This WHOLE time he has been thinking we were talking about CAR oil! That still gives me a good laugh when I think about it.  I did tell him though that in his defense they sound very similar and besides, who expects a guy to know what Castor Oil is. But seriously, he thought we were talking about drinking car oil. Hahahahahahaha! Love you honey.

4 comments:

Hannatu said...

You are so right. Just relax. He may be as much as two weeks overdue....not sure how long your doctor will let you go, but that's how long Daniel was overdue. Suzanne was a week overdue. He'll come when he's good and ready. In the meantime, he's downright comfy where he is (even though you aren't!).

Jerrie-mia said...

i though you were talking about car oil, and rubbing it on your stomach or something

A. Kay Daniel said...

Hang in there, sweetheart, you're in the home stretch! Relaxing is key - you don't need stress right now. Give that baby a love-filled, stressless atmosphere by protecting your own. Love you!!!

Amber said...

well Im hoping maybe since you havent posted since Saturday that the precious boy of yours has decided to come on out and make his grand entrance. If not, I hope that you are relaxing and enjoying your last days :)