Monday, May 3, 2010

Nursery Pictures

Nathan and I had a work day this weekend and got a lot of work done around the house. I had a two page list of things I want to get done before the baby comes and many of them were things I would have done myself at one point but no longer can because I can't lift too much and Nathan doesn't want me climbing on a stepstool. I'll talk more about the list later, but one of the big things on my list was to finish the nursery.  My list for the nursery was:

Hot glue ribbon to the baby's name letters
Hang letters (N)
Make a curtain
Hang curtain rod (N)
Put up shelf in closet (N)
Hang quilt (N)
Hang heart shelf (N)
Finish organising and putting things away
Pack hospital bag
Get the rest the stuff I needed at T.arget
Vacuum

And it's all done! Here's a little tour.  We will be going left to right:

This is the wall with the bedroom door. The door is to the left of the dresser.
The window is on the wall across from the door. So if you are standing in the doorway and look to the left this is what you see.  The cradle is a family heirloom, and it will go in our room next to my side of the bed when the baby comes.
The right wall.  The closet is even further to the right. You can see the doorstop for the closet door in the bottom right of this picture.
My favorite organisational tool in the room! A shoe holder from the Armpit of the Earth.
The bouncy seat and the carseat will come out once the baby comes.  The bag sitting on the floor is the hospital bag.  And you can see a bit of the kite I've talked about in the bottom right of the picture.
Here are a few closeups of things:
Books! I asked for books in lieu of cards at the baby showers. I believe it is VERY important to read to your children and Piglet has a nice collection started!
The little snowbaby was a wedding present from my grandma.  Since I took these pictures I got a package from her and she actually sent me four more that spell out B.A.B.Y so they are all up on the shelf instead of the picture frame.
My sister made the blanket you see at the bottom of the picture. It's blue and yellow and super soft.  Piglet actually has several afghans that were made just especially for him, all of which are beautiful!
"Daddy" has been winning things for his baby boy. The red puppy he actually won for me on our honeymoon at six flags. The Piglet is from my mom (who else) and the scooby and the Cowboys bear are what Nathan won especially for Piglet.
And that's pretty much it! I had to cut his name out of the pictures since we aren't posting his name yet  but his letters are hung on the wall with the crib.  I'll show a picture of that after he's born--I have to show them since I spent hours painting them!

I know it's not a "designer" nursery but shoot those are expensive and what does the baby care anyways.  I love the way it looks and I'm proud all the great deals I found and of what I was able to do on our little budget. It's a rental house so we weren't able to paint the nursery but the room is cozy anyways. I like to walk in there and daydream about the little one coming to live there! I'm so glad we got everything finished. I just have one more load of laundry to do--mostly blankets and my M.oby Wrap.  All of his clothes are done!

6 comments:

Hannatu said...

I think it looks great, Alesha. Now he can come on May 7 and share a birthday with his great aunt! :)

Thanks for all your kind comments on my blog. I wish you could have come to England with me!

Dusty Penguin said...

It's lovely! I remember looking over everything all set up for the baby and that special feeling. Even when it was just a crib and a bookshelf, it was READY, and that's a good feeling. I'm sure you feel much more relieved now. I'm glad you got the kite to fly. I love the pictures we have of when you were little flying a kite with your daddy. I'm starting to think maybe I should have my bag mostly packed!

Mommy Becoming said...

Thanks guys! I love those pictures too, and I'm sure I'll have similar ones of Piglet and Nathan. I think you should have a bag ready! Obviously I have no way of knowing but I feel like something's going to happen at night. Or maybe it's just wishful thinking! But I would like the coolness and peace and quiet of the dark for my early labor.

A. Kay Daniel said...

What a lovely nest you have made for your little new one! I think it's great and can't wait to see pics of him actually using it. Love and hugs to you!

Jerrie-mia said...

i seem to recognize the little heart shelf... looks good! you have more creativity in your pinkie toe, than i have in my whole body....

Mommy Becoming said...

Aw shucks.