Friday, December 10, 2010

6 Months

***Blogger is not letting me upload pictures. I will try again later***

Shane went to the Dr yesterday for his 6 month appointment and he is 28 ½ inches (90th %) and 18 lbs 12 oz (75th %). He had three shots and an oral and a blood draw to test for anemia. He was such a brave boy!


At six months, Shane:

-Wears 6-9 month clothes , 9+ month jammies, and size 3 diapers.

- Has learned to blow raspberries and it’s hilarious. He will stop nursing to blow a raspberry. If I’m holding him facing me he’ll bury his face in my chest and blow raspberries. He blows them on his rattle, and his hand, and our hands, and anything else he can.

-Top two teeth are reeeeaaally close to coming in. He’s having a harder time with these ones; the bottom ones seemed pretty easy.

-Still exclusively breastfed—we are introducing solids this month but the bulk of his nutrition will continue to come from milk.

-Favorite toy is my empty water bottle. I think he likes the way it sounds.

-Rolling is SO two months ago. Now we’re on to sitting all alone!

-Is trying really hard to crawl. He’s got reverse down pat! Lol. He gets his knees up under him but when he tries to go forward he falls down. It’s SO cute.

-Talks up a storm. Likes to “sing” along to the radio in the car as well. Sometimes he’ll growl and then go up into a high pitched squeal. I have no idea what he’s trying to do, but it’s funny. And loud.

-Loves to stare at the Christmas tree!

-Loves to jump in his jumper. If you jump, he will jump with you.

-Loves other kids.

-Really enjoyed eating the lemon that Aunt Melissa let him try. I wish I’d had a camera to take a picture of his face. It was hilarious!

-Does not sleep through the night any more. Thank you, six month growth spurt and teething. It’s not a big deal, though. We’ve got co-sleeping down pat and we really enjoy it! That’s a topic for another post.

-Loves to play peek-a-boo with Daddy.

-Favorite person in the world is Mama. When I come in from work and he sees me he flaps his arms and squeals and gets so excited. It’s awesome.

-Is ALL boy. Squirmy, wiggly, determined, and sweet. If he’s awake, he wants to go go go. I cherish my rare snuggly moments!

Shaney,

I can’t believe you’re already six months old. It seems like just yesterday that I was feeling your little kicks and flutters in my womb and now you are so big and strong. You are an absolute joy and delight and your daddy and I love watching you grow. You are so special to me, little boy, my firstborn. You fill my heart with joy and indescribable love. Always remember, no matter what happens, that I love you.


Mama

2 comments:

Melissa Larabee said...

Love it.

Dusty Penguin said...

You made me cry. Grandmas are that way. I miss him so much.