Wednesday, June 1, 2011

No sleep

I am so frustrated. This last week has been TERRIBLE! Shane has suddenly decided that he's not going to sleep anymore! I seriously want to cry sometimes that's how tired and frustrated I am.  He basically is not taking naps anymore, not going to bed until ten or ten thirty at night, waking up a millions times at night, and grumpy all day.  I don't know if it's because he's almost one or what, but it started abruptly and I hope it's just a phase because really, this is ridiculous. I know I'm a mom and there are sacrifices we have to make. And I make those sacrifices happily and I don't begrudge them. But the thing is, Shane and I are together 24/7.  Literally. Nathan works out of town and I've gone out I think twice alone without Shane since he was born. And that is ok. It is ok, because when he goes to bed I get a few hours of me time, time to do whatever I want, to unwind and relax and get things done or just veg. But with this crazy no sleeping business, I am getting no down time and it's really, really hard.

Now, don't let this make you think I don't love Shane or that I don't love being a mommy. I do. But life's not all rainbows and butterflies, and it wouldn't be fair if I let you think that. Plus, I needed a rant.

Sigh. This too shall pass, right? Sooner rather than later would be better, I pray. Meanwhile, pray that I'll get an extra dose of patience!

No comments: