Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Cloth Diaper Update

I thought I'd give an update on my CD stash. I have a few more now than when I originally posted here. 


I'm missing one orange one from this picture because it was on Shane's bum. So all told I have 22 diapers, and I wash about every third day. 

Now, I don't know if I have any blog readers any more but if I still do and if any of you are cloth diapering veterans, I have a question. Shane's bum has been getting red a lot lately, and even chafing really badly on parts of his legs where I think the diaper is rubbing. The redness and irritation and chafing didn't start until after I'd been in Ohio for a couple weeks. I don't know if it's related to teething, if I'm using a bad detergent or not a proper amount of detergent, or what. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Hannatu said...

I'm wondering if you have AC in your house in Texas and you don't in Ohio? Because even if your AC isn't frigidly cold it takes the humidity out of the air. The extra humidity that you are probably experiencing in Ohio may keep the wetness wet and warm longer creating the perfect environment for developing diaper rash. You could try some A&D ointment on him. It could also be related to teething.

Hannatu said...

P.S. Those are really cool diapers! Much nicer than when my kids were babies.

Mommy Becoming said...

Aunt Nancy,
There's AC both places, but that was a good idea!I also can't use diaper rash cream with cloth diapers beause apparently it make then not absorb well any more. Aren't all the colors great?!